Once you have filled the application form for your new credit card, the next step is to stay patient and wait for it to arrive. Once you have received the card you need to activate the card to be able to make payments. To avoid any damage to the card, the card issuer will ask you to activate it as soon as you receive the card by giving necessary details about yourself to complete your verification, which means to prove that you are the legitimate owner of the card. To activate your MasterCard, visit myprepaidcenter.com and enter the number that is available at the back of the card to activate it. If you are not able to find the number, try to contact the customer care service and get full assistance and guidance regarding the activation process.
Activate your MasterCard via mobile phone
- When your MasterCard has arrived via your mail post, you will see a sticker at the back of your card, follow the procedure written on it to complete the activation process.
- You will be required to call the toll free number to connect to the customer care service that is most likely to be auto-generated call.
- You will be asked to provide all the necessary details regarding your identification for safety and security reasons and to verify your legitimacy.
- Once you have performed the above-mentioned steps, you will be able to use the card to make secured and convenient payments.
- You can also visit https://myprepaidcenters.com and follow the instructions on the screen to activate your card.
- If you aren’t able to find my prepaid center card activation phone number, you can contact the MasterCard assistance center by dialing up the toll-free number that is 1-800-627-8372. You can also contact them by dialing up 1-636-722-7111.
How to activate the MasterCard Gift Card?
If you have applied for a MasterCard gift card, then the activation process will be slightly different. Follow these simple steps to activate your MasterCard gift card.
- Usually, when you apply for gift cards, they are most probably activated at the store or any place where you purchased them from.
- You simply have to carry them to cash register and pay the cost for the MasterCard gift card.
- The store owner or the cashier will provide you with a receipt that is your activation receipt. You can redeem the gift card using the code present at the back. In case you find any troubles regarding the activation process, you can come back to the place and get help without any charges or you can get a refund if you have the activation receipt safe with you.
- If you want to make online gift card purchases, you would be required to activate your MasterCard gift card as soon as you receive it.
- All the procedures regarding the activation process must be written at the back of the card or on the card’s packaging.
- You will find a number on the card’s packaging, dial-up with that number to contact the customer care service and get help regarding the activation process.
How to use MasterCard Gift Cards?
- Once you have successfully activated your MasterCard gift card, you need to use it as soon as possible because there is a limited set duration to use the card.
- Mostly MasterCard and VISA gift card have a limited duration that means they have an expiry date which is mostly up to 12 months.
- After the expiry date or the set, the 12-month duration is over, you will be charged a nominal amount every month which would be deducted from your current card balance. So, it is important to keep these things in mind before applying for MasterCard gift cards.
- If any case, your gift card is lost, you would not be able to get your money back. So, it is important to use it as soon as possible.
- If you are not able to check your card balance yourself, to keep a track and get an update on the card balance, you can contact the customer care service.
How to activate MasterCards that are issued from Banks?
Most of the customers receive their MasterCards from the financial institutions where they have applied for the card. If you have received your MasterCards from the Bank, follow the procedure to get it activated:
- Contact your bank where your card was issued from. For example, if your Master is issued from Bank of America, then contact the Bank instead of MasterCard.
- The best way to get your MasterCard activated is through visiting the official website of the Bank.
- Most of the Banks usually provide the toll-free number to guide users regarding the activation process.
- The Bank Of America although asks users to activate their card online only. If you come across any issues regarding the activation process, contact the Bank by dialing- 1-800-276-9939.
How to Activate NetSpend MasterCard?
- Prepaid Cards have recently become quite popular and one of the most commonly known popular brands is the NetSpend Card.
- The NetSpend Cards allow you to transfer deposit your money directly to these cards. You can use these cards to make payments similarly as you would do with your debit or credit cards.
- To activate your NetSpend Cards, visit netspend.com/account/activate.
- Enter your card number and the security number that is available at the back of your card.
- If you face any difficulty while activating the card, contact the customer care service.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I check my current balance of the prepaid card?
- To check your current balance, visit myprepaidcenter.com
- Enter your username and password to login to my prepaid center account.
- From the main menu, select balance and payment options.
- You will be able to check your current balance. You can also check your past transaction history.
Does my prepaid center card has an expiration date?
Yes, the card comes with an expiration date. You will have to use the card within that set duration only. Using the card after the expiration date can cost you additional charges that would be deducted monthly from your current account balance.
Is my information safe on myprepaidcenter.com?
Yes, my prepaid center uses SSL technology to keep your information safe. All of your data is secured with end to end encryption.