Myprepaidcenter.com is an online platform that allows you to manage all your cards under one roof. You can keep a track of all your past and recent transactions with one click. You can request your transaction history of up to the past 30 days to avail of the exclusive benefits and offers that come with the prepaid card, you need to activate your card first. To activate your card visit www.myprepaidcenter.com.
Although you can use the prepaid card anywhere the Visa and MasterCards are accepted, if your card gets declined at any place or is not accepted, it might be possible that you are not using the card properly.
To deal with the issues that lead to the decline of your card, you need to understand the reasons first. This article talks about the different reasons why your card gets declined.
Your card does not have Enough balance
- Prepaid cards work like the gift cards where you have to add a certain amount in your card in advance and have to recharge once the amount gets over.
- A prepaid card is not like your credit card where you spend money as you like and pay the entire amount at the end. Here you have a fixed amount and you have to spend it accordingly until your next recharge. In other words, you have to check the balance often before you decide to make any purchases with your prepaid card.
- For example, if there is only a $5.27 in your prepaid card but you wish to buy something that costs $6, your payment will not be accepted and your card will be declined because of the insufficient funds in your prepaid card. In this case, you can pay the $5.27 that is available in your prepaid card and pay the remainder $0.73 with any other payment method such as cash or through any other card.
- To keep a track of your account balance, visit www.myprepaidcenter.com.
There are insufficient funds in the card to pay at a restaurant
- When you use your prepaid MasterCard or Visa card at any restaurant, spa, and saloon where the salary of the staff is dependent on the tips provided by the customers, the owner of the place will check whether the card balance is 20% more than the actual bill.
- If there are $100 in your prepaid card, and your restaurant bill came to be $100, your payment will not be accepted and your card will be declined because it should ideally be $120($100+$20 tip).
- A tip tolerance is like a security feature that makes sure you have enough funds to pay the tip that you wrote on the bill receipt once the waiter swipes your card. You won’t be charged for the 20% tip – this is just to ensure that you have sufficient funds if you choose to leave a tip.
- Remember that this tip tolerance is only available at the restaurant, saloons, and other places where the tips are customary. If you swipe your card at other places where there is no system of tips, you can easily get away by paying the exact amount.
Your card has reached the expiry date
- Prepaid cards have a set duration of time in which you have to utilize them which means they come with an expiration date.
- You need to make payments with your prepaid cards as soon as you receive them. After the expiration date, you will not be able to use your card and you have to renew it by visiting www.myprepaidcenter.com.
- The expiry date is present usually at the front of the card. All prepaid cards come with different features and functions and fees, make sure you go through all the documentation and terms and conditions while activating your card.
You have not activated your prepaid card
- The first and the foremost thing to do when you receive your prepaid card is to activate it for further usage.
- If you haven’t activated your card, you will not be able to make payments from your respective card.
- To activate your prepaid card, visit the official site of my prepaid center.
- Log in with your username and password and provide the necessary card details such as your card number, the expiration date, 3 digit security code present at the back of the card.
- Follow further instructions on the screen to complete the activation process.
You are trying to use the card at the gas station
- You need to keep this in mind that your prepaid card would not work at a gas fuel pump.
- In order to make the payment, you need to make sure that you are visiting the gas station and not the fuel pump if you want to use your prepaid card.
- Ensure that you present your prepaid card to the attendant at the station instead of making the transaction at the pump since automatic fuel dispensers are often not able to pre-authorized the prepaid cards.
If none of the above suggestions are helping to solve your problem then contact the customer care service at my prepaid center to assist you regarding the issues that you are facing with your card declination.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to review all my last transactions on my prepaid center?
Yes, you can check all your recent and your past transactions by visiting my card page of the online web portal myprepaidcenter.com. You can request up to 30 days of the transaction history.
Is my prepaid center is a reliable platform?
Yes, my prepaid center is absolutely safe and allows you to manage your cards while giving you guaranteed security. All your financial information is safe with their SSL technology.
What is a prepaid card?
A prepaid card is different from your debit or credit card where you add up a certain amount in advance and can use it anywhere the Visa and MasterCards are accepted with my prepaid center cards, you can get up to 5% cashback while making payments to selected brands and merchants.